Friday, April 25, 2014

Revelation

Every evening, before dinner is served, it is my position to handle the devotion and prayer for the shelter men and community dinner guests.

Reading through the Bible then that portion's life application, I picked up in John from the New Testament when I took the position and quickly came to Revelation. The staff was split decision whether to skip over the book of Revelation, because it is really a hard read full of color, imagery, tragedy and triumph.

One of the shelter men said, "I don't believe we should read it and I don't mean to put you on the spot, but what side of the decision do you fall on? Don't feel uncomfortable answering me if you don't want to."

The world stopped. For a moment.

First, foremost, and for the record ... never will I deny where I stand in life on any issue, in my actions, or my beliefs.

Never will I state something that I believe in as not true.

Never will I refuse to recognize, acknowledge, or disown my beliefs or actions. And I don't care if it is against the grain of another's opinion.

I am steadfast, not wishy washy.

I absolutely believe that the book of Revelation be shared.

How do you read through the Bible and not share what is to come? God told John to write what he saw for us to know what is coming. Season finales in television series are typically action-packed and leaves you reeling. Revelation is truly the grand season finale!

Reading Revelation has become a controversial subject, but guess who doesn't hesitate in the face of controversy?  This girl.