Monday, April 14, 2014

Love Is A Verb

Sometimes, one of the hardest things in a relationship to do when frustrations set in and life happens is to come out of retreated corners, present what you need from the other person, hear what is needed from you, and make a choice.

Love is a verb. It is an action word.

After action, reaction, reaction, reaction, reaction, reaction, reaction, and reaction, hurt people hurt people.

The second I hear something I don't like, my brain and mouth work as a team to defend and explain. I confess that I can battle until the ship is at the bottom of the ocean and I will hit a direct target with my words.

The best thing I can do is to be still, keep quiet, and listen.

Love is a choice.

Life always presents opportunities for a relationship, a best friendship, love, and a future to be threatened if two hearts do not make the choice to love.

When I say, "I need this from you ..." and he immediately from that moment forward makes the choice to hear my words, my heart, and takes action to chose love and give me what I am asking for ... love heals.

When he says, "This is what I need from you ..." I have a choice to make and I chose love. 

Love says it takes both giving 100% every day (Even the days when it is hard, and the other isn't your favorite person). Love says I will provide and meet your needs because ...

Love is a verb. An action word. Love is a choice.

When he hears what I say I need from him and every one of his actions respond to it, I can no longer remember what it was that was bothering me.

It's like falling in love all over again, but better.

Life happens.

Love is a choice.