Friday, April 4, 2014

ONE Free Pass

I always think things through, weigh the odds and will have a solid case to debate/justify my own actions in life. Any self-induced consequences I will face being okay knowing I had it coming. I can live in that.

Yesterday I was put into a bad situation to cover for a friend and ended up being raging, beside myself, yelling mad!

I was the cover for her long-term affair. Even though every detail pointed to my friend, in panic she threw me under the bus saying it was really me.  Fine. I will take the fall to save your marriage.

What wasn't fine was my life put in a whoa-is-me predicament where I was at the end of the rifle at the firing squad apologizing for the hellish few days brought on her home. Her husband wanted to "talk" at me that it was me caught in this affair, not his wife, let me know how disrupting it was on their children, their home, and their marriage. That he understands how hard my life must be.

Really?

"Poor Dawn. Her life is such a mess. All she wants to be is married. Her daughter is a mess. She has no money. No wonder she had an old, short, fat, bald, rich man pay her a bit of attention, so she slept with him after a night of drinking." This was the gist of the conversation, repeated over and over. The worst part is, I had to play along with this façade!

Are you frigging kidding me?!  There are so many things wrong about these allegations that are against everything that I am. Not to mention, have you seen my boyfriend?! 

What I wanted to say was ... "Poor rich man, your kids don't like you, your wife doesn't like you. In the face of every fact known, you choose ignorance because the truth would be devastating. You don't believe in God and you claim out loud that your wife is happy and would never have an affair. Put your head back in the ground."

The ONE free-pass has been cashed.