Friday, April 6, 2012

We Are [Not] Rich

It was a sunny day, Brooke and I were driving down the road engaged in conversation when Brooke casually states, "Mom, the kids at school think we are rich because you pack me such good lunches and my friend said she is so glad I am her friend, that I am so down to earth being so rich and all (after seeing our car) and I'm like ... I know!"

Me: "BROOKE!" (Said in the mom-tone of I can't believe you!)

Brooke: "I told her we are not rich, we just have all of our wants and needs." I'm betting that reply was not stated, but it was a good save on her part.

I'm not sure how I have done it as a single mom, but I have managed to have a child that thinks we are rich. She always has assumed it. Let me clarify, we are not. I've never even hinted to such, but I have refrained from letting my girls know when there was no money. Sometimes for years.

Rich in love. Rich in good health. Rich in blessings. Yes.

We are blessed to have our needs and our wants met.

We are blessed to have a happy home.

We are blessed in a million different ways.

We are rich in every way that money cannot buy.

I guess we are rich.