Friday, April 6, 2012

Calm Me

Calm me and renew me, Lord.

I needed to heal from toxic, unhealthy and endless busyness. I needed to refresh and rejuvenate my mind and I have. Actually, more quickly than I anticipated. It doesn't take me long to bounce back, it never has. That's because I am a resilient being.

This period of time in my life is a special gift and I don't take it lightly. Making the most in every area of my life, I am making the most of this time, too.

Finding joy again in the things I like to do, basking in the sunshine, walks in the park, reading new books, enjoying my friendships, being home for my girls, simply having time is a welcome new that single moms just don't get in a busy life.

Energized. Balanced. Vibrant.

Me time, so I will feel better and look better. Exercise in my old favorite high impact step aerobics as well as a new favorite in kickboxing. Eating right by stepping up my own healthy balance of cooking food that is healthy as well as challenging myself by limiting even more treasured favorite junk foods such as cookies and cake with new favorite healthy foods such as fresh blackberries drizzled with honey, fresh berries with sorbet and soybeans. Drinking more water and another new favorite Mint Green Tea.

Stable. Healthy. Active. I am keeping my mind healthy and active with books to stretch and challenge my thinking for the next season in my life. Remaining open to what comes next.

Fine tuning my home and myself. Being an example for my daughters.

Calm me and renew me, Lord.

He has.