Friday, April 13, 2012

A Free Day Off

Yesterday my Mariah asked if she could take today off school. A free day off for all her hard work pulling several grades up doing great in school, running track with meets 6 days per week as well as getting accepted into the teacher assistant program her Junior and Senior year ... all-inclusive with college credits.

Typically, I allow my girls to have one free day per year. These are specials days and she had our day together planned out!

After my kickboxing class, which allowed her time to lounge around and slowly get herself ready, we enjoyed a sushi lunch at Wasabi. Our waiter smiles at us, he knows we will order the exact same thing each time. Spicy Crab Salad and a Montrose Roll, no Tobiko (fish eggs ... blehhh!) and that Mariah needs a fork.

Lunch was scrumpdillyicious!

Next, Mariah has us running off to see the movie "This Means War" while claiming dibs on Chris Pine and that I get the British boy. I play nicely and accept the hottie British with the charming accent and great lips. She claims dibs about 3 times as if we were going into a club and these guys are really there. She is so funny and I love my girlfriend time with her! We laugh at the movie together and *gasp* accordingly as the guys enter the scenes. Chris Pine's is really goodlooking, but that British boy, Tom Hardy, is hands-down the sexiest!

She is at track now, she didn't want to miss practice even though she skipped school.

Our day will end up with at an event I purchased tickets for, including Brooke, then off to Mariah's final destination ... Menchies for a create-your-own ice cream.

My girl knows how to plan a fun day.

Free days off are a special treat. It's a day of celebration, relaxation and fun as a reward for being such a good girl.