Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mommyisms

My Mariah is getting all A’s and B’s in her classes … except Advanced Algebra.

After 5th grade I have been no help to her when it comes to her Math courses, but will gladly find her tutors and help! She is now a sophomore and my only advice I can share with her looking at the monstrosity of her work is, “I am 41 years old and have never had to know or use this kind of stuff, ever!”

Mariah used this mommyism as defense and stated it to her Algebra teacher. He did not appreciate my perspective, but I assure you it wasn’t intended as an insult to his profession. It was for my daughters ears only and said in understanding support of the work she has to learn.

Mommyisms are doctrinal theories created by me. I have others that I have taught my girls since they were little:

  • DO NOT take the Lord's name in vain. You will fare better slipping with a bad word.
  • Be as good to my grandchildren as I am to you.
  • Who loves you more than anyone in this world and is your best friend? Mommy!  *Taught at a very early age of their just learning to speak. As toddlers their shouts of “MOMMY!” was my success.
  • You can be anything you want in this life, just be happy.
  • Get a good education so you can afford the lifestyle you are accustomed to.
  • Live at home as long as you want. Travel. Shop. Embrace life. No boys until you are 30.
  • No facial piercings ... ever!
  • Pick your battles in life.
  • There are no secrets from mommy.
  • I will trust you until the day you lie to me, then life as you know it will change.
  • Only two things are forever: God is God and I will always love you.
We have recently added a new one in support for Advanced Algebra, “Just pass the class!”