Friday, April 15, 2011

Our 1st Anniversary


“Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life,
love gives us a fairy tale.” – Anonymous

Today I am walking on sunshine.  Today is our 1st anniversary.

One year ago today, an ordinary day turned extraordinary!

The first day Billy & I met and I laid eyes on him, my soul sang!  I remember my senses bursting to life at first sight and the words echoing in my mind, “Thank you, God!  Thank you, God!  Thank you, God!”

He was full of life, breathtaking, and beautiful!

It was a day of magical firsts.

I was looking for summer fun as I turned “40 and fabulous!”  When I met this pretty boy covered in tattoos, his tongue pierced and a smokin’ hot body, he was everything that shouted fun to me!  In addition to this fun package was a gift more than I could have imagined!  What I received was a super sensitive, affectionate, funny, magical, masculine, logical and loving best friend that complements my life.

I couldn’t wait for Billy to kiss me the moment I saw him. The determining power of chemistry rides on that first kiss. This boy still makes me dizzy when he kisses me.

I have such a crush on him and he still lights up as bright as the northern lights every time we see each other.

Falling in love with Billy over the last year has been an incredible journey of life, love and two worlds blending.

Anniversaries are extra special.  They are not just a nationally recognized holiday, but a special and personal day recognized by two hearts with lives forever changed.

An ordinary day turned extraordinary! 

I reflect back and thank God for unanswered prayers when I think of where I would be in my life had it been left to my control. 

This is why God is God and I am not.

My life is full and rich today because I am in love with my best friend. The very one who fills my heart every day with romance, intimacy, passion and love.

I can’t wait to see him tonight.  To stand in his arms, as the world slips away and feel his lips against mine.

Our 1st Anniversary.