Friday, April 22, 2011

I Am His Oasis

Tattoo’s 4-day visit is over and he went back home.  I can’t say enough what a great guy and friend Billy has in him. Tattoo is full of personality, funny, outgoing, talkative and friendly.

They came over for dinner Wednesday evening and stayed much longer than expected, we were having such a good time together.

A few things surprised me about this evening:

1.                  Billy being so openly affectionate walking over to me all evening to hug me, kiss me and just be near me. I guess I assumed he would play it more cool, but he didn’t and that made me very happy.
2.                  Tattoo said he can’t believe the difference in Billy when he is around me and in my home. That Billy is totally different. Billy and Tattoo are total guys together. He has only seen Billy as his friend smack talking and acting like a total guy. He has never seen the affectionate, calm and loving side of him … until now.

In the book The Power of Femininity it talks about the priceless art of being a woman and how it has become a near-extinct and priceless treasure.

We woman have a unique power over our children and men in our lives. “Femininity is definitely strength under control. Femininity is strength wrapped in a velvet glove. It does not insist on its own way, but most of the time it gets it.”

Feminine women are strong women because their influence is deeply felt. We need to be equipped to inspire the man in our life to be the man he’s supposed to be.

There is an art to all this. Women need to get back to the basics and be what we were created to be, regardless if we are in a corporate office all week. It is our role in life to nurture and make our home a home. A place of refuge. An oasis. God said so!

People go to college to study to be a teacher, a doctor and a lawyer. I study how to be a better me. I study love. I study how to grow stronger and better as a person.

Why is it that people will seek only studying and learning for a job and not do the same for the most important relationships in their lives?

Build your home.

Michelle McKinney Hammond writes …

The man in your life should feel that his heart, his secrets and his emotions are safe with you. You should be the one to contribute to regulating his emotions and decisions, cooling him down when he’s hot under the collar and fanning the flame to stir up his passion for God, his ambitions and his home. You should be his haven of consistency, the one who is always there, the one he can always count on. He knows what to expect from you because your character is so sound. He should not come home every day to find a different woman who he can’t figure out living in his house. He should have access to your heart, your softness, your reassurances, and your counsel all the time and vice versa. You should be his oasis. He should be refreshed in your presence. And because of your good example, he wants to be the best he can be for you. Nothing on the face of the earth affects a man life the softness of a woman. Of all the things that he may acquire in his lifetime, nothing can bring him more joy or pain than to be welcomed or spurned by the woman he longs after. She is a sanctuary, a beautiful garden in which he loved to get lost. This is where he found his peace.

Billy came over last night to relax, refresh and rejuvenate in needed “our” time.

I know I am his oasis.