Sunday, April 10, 2011

Seeds of Life

Our 1 year anniversary and I want to leave a legacy.

Giving it much thought I decide upon a metaphor recognizing our relationship, I want to plant an oak tree and I want to do it from a seed.

Where can I get acorns?  Local nurseries do not carry such things, but where there is a will, there is a way!

Seeds of Life. A website that mailed a beautiful package to my home with an acorn harvested and stored at a farm to ensure successful germination.  

Tonight we planted a seed and made a memory.

An oak tree can live between 200 – 500 years. Better than a grave stone leaving our mark on this earth, an oak tree that provides shelter and shade in the midst of life’s busy storms. A legacy of life and love.

We planted our seed together and I can’t help wonder how many years in my life I will I get to watch our tree grow and remember this day.

Will it grow beautiful and strong?  Will others passing by look up in awe and recognize its beauty?  Will we sit underneath its shade together when we are old? Will my grandchildren tell their children the story of two nuts that grew into a mighty oak?


His gift card read:

Nuts when planted in rich soil, nurtured and properly cared for will turn into a mighty oak. Like us, I cannot wait to watch our roots grow deep and transform into a mighty oak that weathers all seasons.
                                                                        Happy 1st Anniversary