Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Bizarre Week

What a bizarre week!

There is a boy out there that is exactly like me who lavishly expresses words of affirmations. That boy is my Mariah’s new boyfriend, Mike.

Mike hugged her, kissed her, slipped and said “I love you” today. A milestone in her life. Her first I love you from a boy.

I can say it over and over, I really like this boy. Mike is so smitten with Mariah. He cannot get enough of her and walks around with stars in his eyes. She reads me endless texts from him expressing his heart in every way he knows telling her how beautiful, wonderful and amazing she is. How much better his life is now that he found her.

Mike's mom shared a super cute email with her from the coach telling her that her son is walking around like a love-sick puppy dog at school over a girl.  That her name is Mariah and she is a really nice girl.

Mike showers her with these words of affirmations every day. I’m so thankful her first real boyfriend has set the bar so high and is spoiling her.

In track today, Mariah raced the state champ and the state qualifier in the 200 and placed 2nd, which means she beat one of them!  I’m praying for a track scholarship!

Today, my Brooke became a young woman. Another milestone in life.

I talked to Roann, today would have been her & Keith’s 5 year anniversary. She is hurting.

Keith’s birthday is in two days, April 21st.

Last night I met Billy’s best friend, Tattoo, who lives in Minnesota and has been a part of our daily conversations this past year. They talk every day and I get to hear about those funny conversations.

I was so impressed, what a nice guy!  I can see why they are so close. What I didn’t expect was Billy wanting me a part of everything. He couldn’t wait for me to come over and spend the evening with them and tried to get me to go to dinner tonight. I love how he clings to me and genuinely thanked him for really wanting me to be a part of everything with him & Tattoo, but they need guy time together.

As soon as they were home from dinner he called. He misses me. He needs familiar words to bring balance back into normal. Our normal.

The invisible cord that connects us emotionally.

Tomorrow I look forward to the guys coming over for dinner.

Thursday is Keith’s birthday. Brooke does not want this day mentioned, but we will bake a cake. Hopefully next year will be easier for her.

Good Friday. Two special programs at church I can't wait to attend.

A girlfriend lunch date on Saturday with a good friend. Much needed girlriend time.

Easter Sunday. The very purpose of our faith, Christ's resurrection and love.

It’s been a bizarre week. A week of much reflection.