Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blessed

bless·ed

1.                  divinely or supremely favored; fortunate
2.                  blissfully happy or contented
3.                  bringing happiness and thankfulness

Last night my girls and I spent a normal evening at home and I couldn’t help but reflect on how blessed we are.

I love to listen to my daughters carrying their own conversation with one another and laughing together. Mariah sharing with me her love letters from her boyfriend Mike and her expressions of her feelings for him. Both girls loving each other. The three of us comfy and watching a chick flick together.

Our home. A place of refuge, a shelter from life’s storms, our retreat. Our favorite place to be.

I admit I had a moment where I was secretly thankful it has just been my girls and I. No outside interference in raising my daughters the past 16 years and dealing with a man I didn’t want in my life.

Our lives are blessed in a million wonderful ways.

This thought made me reflect on Easter Sunday, the celebration of Christ’s resurrection. When Jesus arose from the dead and went to his disciples, he approached Thomas …

John 20:27-29 Then He said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe." Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen me, you have believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.”

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

An inheritance. Divinely or supremely favored. Blessed.