Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Morning Commute

My morning commute can run between 40 minutes – 1 ½ hours depending on the weather conditions.  I like my morning commute for the fact that it is my time to mentally prepare for my day, talk to God, and touch base with my girl friends.

Morning is my favorite time of the day.  I think best and my best ideas are created usually between 5:30 – 7:30 a.m.

Yesterday … I have been home for 2 days with Brooke really sick with the flu.  Medicine for Brooke was $18.00. I stopped by Sam’s Club to buy a rotisserie chicken and grapes which should have cost around $9.00, ended up costing $51.00!  My membership ran out and automatically renewed.  Last night, the couple from the car accident called with their bill for $472.00.  Mariah text me 5 minutes later that the basketball $$$ is due $112 and for me to bring a check to the game tonight.  Then, my mom emailed the Verizon bill is due for the girls, $63 just for unlimited texting.  All within 2 hours!

When it rains, it pours. Did I mention child support has stopped?

Stephanie called this morning during my morning commute to check on Brooke.  As I have said countless times, thank God for girl friends!  She asked how I was doing and said she can’t believe how well I am holding up.  Not so hot today.

I turn on my computer in the office and asked God to please encourage me, today I feel like the walking wounded.

Mary Southerland, Girlfriend in God, was also having a difficult day.  She said she felt absolutely pathetic today, moaning and groaning. As she recapped her list of everything that could have gone wrong that had, she laid out her frustrations. I am relating.

She said, “The mind is a battlefield. The Bible tells us that we have the mind of Christ because we have a personal relationship with Him, but we still have to allow or choose to "let" the mind of Christ be in control. Every day we are at war for the control of the mind. Who wins that war is up to us and the choices that we make.  Impure and wrong thoughts will come but we do not have to entertain them and invite them to "come on in and stay awhile."

Storms will come. Storms are a reality of life. We have a choice to become a storm survivor or a storm statistic it is our choice to make. Today I am uncomfortable. Today I am hanging on by a thread. January 2011 has been full of big storms, but my God is bigger.