Friday, January 21, 2011

Fervently

I love the word fervently.  It is my new favorite word.

Dictionary.com defines this as “intensely passionate.”  I love passion and adding intensely to it makes it even better!

I love the synonyms of fervent:  Ecstatic, impassioned, intense, animated, emotional, and fiery.  These are the strong emotions to loving passionately and fighting passionately, which I have always thought of about myself.

Fervently is my prayer life now, I’ve mentioned this before. Storms of life are a constant and familiar companion. I used to think it was because of my choices, I have more than paid my dues. Now, I believe it is just my plan in life.

This last month has been rough. The death of Brooke’s dad was life changing. My relationship with Billy, the one I deeply loved and planned on forever with, ended … blindsided, again … it hurts to breathe.  Four years of someone being in prison on stalking charges, released on January 2nd … fear, am I safe?  Let’s sprinkle in here the financial impact of the loss of child-support, down to bare necessities.  My parents are snowbirds, no help with my kids. Did I mention I wrecked my car yesterday?

Broken hearts need mended. Winter has become the season of my heart.  Everything is cold and numb. Spring, where are you?

When I think logically of all that has been lost this past month, I feel I am due and justified for a meltdown. Oh, there have been tears and insomnia … thank God for girl friends!  However, I feel a strange calm.  Like a tsunami wave that wants to drown me, won’t. 

“I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go.” ~ Abraham Lincoln 

This is a good place.  This is where I am now.

Fervently.  To love passionately.  To fight passionately.  To pray passionately.  I’m thankful for the intensely passionate that is still in me.