Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Magical Highlighter … For My Girls

THE MAGICAL HIGHLIGHTER
I like to read. I enjoy reading books that stretch my mind, to learn and grow as a person, mostly for relaxation and enjoyment.  Many of my Christian books I have read a few times over.

There is a difference when I read, when I search for answers. The words stand out boldly, as if they were highlighted, as if I had never read it before.

That is were I am in life.  I’m reading to search for answers.  I’m reading to fill an empty void in my life and in my heart.

What I have learned recently is that when I am seeking those answers, they jump out at me as if an answer from God, that speaks straight to my heart. It is my spiritual highlighter, and He is the The Magical Highlighter in my life.

FOR MY GIRLS
May 22, 2009, almost two years ago, I began capturing a collection of daily encouragements that have touched my heart with advice and lessons that I want my girls, Mariah & Brooke, to have when I am no longer here, until we are together again in Heaven.

Everyday I receive 3 daily inspirational emails (Girlfriends in God, Encouragement for Today, and Today’s Word with Joel & Victoria Osteen) that I begin my day in the office with along with a cup of coffee. Whatever issues I am facing, His answers come to me in a message, like a magical highlighter across the email of that very subject. 

As I reflect on my life, all my experiences and sagas taught me that He was there, He is there, and He will be there.  It is true, when you seek Him, you will find Him! 

My collection is easily the size of a large book now. I have it saved in a file on my computer titled, “For My Girls.” 

The title of my blog, “The Magical Highlighter … For My Girls” is to capture life with them, for them, and for me.