Monday, January 24, 2011

"911 ... HOLY SPIRIT!!"

Last night I am laying in bed reading.  I love routine.  I remember I forgot to listen to a voicemail on my BlackBerry.

I put in my voicemail pass code to hear that I have a voicemail that is about to expire, that I had to listen to first. I have 5 voicemails “saved” on my BlackBerry.  Voicemails that make me happy.

It was Billy’s. He left me a happy, full of life message, that wound down to a warm and loving, “I love you darlin and I will talk to you in the morning.”

I know he loved me.  I don’t know what crept into our relationship so silently that it destroyed love and our promised future. I have a pretty solid guess. I am praying.

It has been 5 days since I have heard from Billy, by phone call or text. I listened to his message again. I love him. And guess what?  I just feel like reminding him.

So, I text, “I love you and I still believe you were 110% worth the wait!  xo”  A comment I said often to him.

I hit “send” … panic set in!  I actually said out loud, “911 … HOLY SPIRIT, GET TO BILLY … QUICK!”  I need divine intervention.  I needed his hard heart softened.  I needed my message of love to hit the right spot in his heart. 

911 … Holy Spirit?!  Who says that?!  Where did THAT come from?  I’m a “Dear God” kinda girl.  Never have I called on the Holy Spirit! 

My cat, Mocha, was laying on my stomach in bed, this is the only time anyone is allowed to hold her.  Her terms.  Her conditions.  I told my cat what I just did and I started laughing. 

It felt good to laugh. I’m prone to irrational behavior at times, but “911 … Holy Spirit?”

I laid there in bed, my mind racing.  Did my text read as I intended?  I better double check it.

Yep, it read exactly how I wanted it to come across.  Then I looked at the time … 9:11 p.m.  What a witty God we have!  Thank you for the reminder that You were there. 

This fight isn’t mine to handle. It is a battle only to be won - in prayer.

If I fight for anything, may it be faith, hope, and love.