Friday, July 31, 2020

Weddings + Mandatory Masks + Fairy Dust


Four weddings, two wedding rehearsals & rehearsal dinners, and two graduation parties within the next 9 days. During Coronavirus,with mandatory masks. 

The Governor issues a mandatory mask mandate and suddenly I am the mask guru, with no rule book, but basic guidelines. Your mask comes off when you sit and eat. That's it. Just wear it or I have to ask you to leave.

I am also now the mask police.

Picking the venue, the food, and colors of a wedding is easy. It's the million, and billions, and trillions of the little details that are thought of within the week of a wedding. Times four. 

Then, there is the phone call from my 2021 weddings, "Our wedding is next year, what are things going to look like then?" 

B-R-E-A-T-H-E... It's rude to say, "let me look into my crystal ball" or "if the President doesn't know and the Governor doesn't know, how on earth would I know?" 

I have a fabulous bridal couple today who I genuinely like. They gifted me with a generous gift last night on the patio with great hugs, thanks and gratitude. 

In my week of multitasking frenzy, I will slow my mind down and focus on my bridal couple today. Say a prayer to be a gracious host and sprinkle fairy dust where I may to give my bride a wedding day she has dreamed of. 

It really is an awesome responsibility.