Friday, July 3, 2020

Fresh Mint Sun Tea


It's scorching HOT outside, traffic is busy in 4th of July preparation, and people are crazy in general, which makes the perfect trifecta for unnecessary drama. As if the news and social media isn't already filled with it.

Turn it off. Unplug.

Rule #822, if you must go to a store, go in early and get out before the general population wakes up. Traffic isn't crazy, you won't stand in a line to get into a store, and people don't already have attitudes from the heat.

I will stay in my pretty piece of the world and host pool parties. I love, love, love having a pool! It's become quite the gathering place and my wrap around deck with umbrella tables are spacious to host guests.

The pool is used every day and everyone is loving the saltwater. Hosting pool parties, relaxing and floating with a drink & a good book, or too cool off, I'm blessed my home came with the pool.

Tea is brewing with fresh mint leaves I picked from my plant to brew in the sun. Something so simple like sun tea poured over ice in a pretty glass on a hot summer day sounds pretty perfect.

My home is surrounded by friendly neighbors. Outside everyone chats and visits. Sue across the street from me, has become a good friend. It's nice to have someone say, "I'm at the store, do you need anything?" Or, when she called last night because she found Rebel ice cream, which is temporarily not being shipped to local stores, so we loaded up! #Ketofriendly

We are both on Keto and we're taking turns making different dishes, desserts, and sharing them. Between the two of us, we've come up with twice as many fabulous recipes and are always sharing new things. Nothing like a knock at the door and a plate full of yummy Keto brownies, zucchini pizza, or the "I found some new drinks and bought you some!"

While the world is chaotic, create an oasis for your family and friends.

Have a safe 4th of July and God bless America!