Monday, August 3, 2020

A Quiet Afternoon Date


Sofia & I are having a quiet afternoon date. We picked up her Happy Meal and I got her a hamburger and chicken mcnuggets. Sometimes one cannot decide, so I got her both.

She would like me to sit in my office at my desk while she has free reign of the house. I let her be as independent as she wants, fully aware of what she is up to. Today, I am Belle and she is Sleeping Beauty, according to her.

Sitting in the recliner, watching one of her favorite shows on Youtube with a specialty chocolate shake, it's exactly what she wants to do. 

Going through my cupboard and drawers, my daughter will be thrilled with all the things Sofia has found that she says,"I already miss this, this is mine."

A bubble bath with her toys, I put a mirror on the tub so she could see herself in all her bubbles glory and that made bubbles on her face and hair all the more fun!

With plenty to eat and her favorite snacks in familiar places, she plays and eats what she wants. Anna/Elsa Olaf Frozen Popsicles or ice cream?


With the television off and individual time spent with her playing and doing what she wants to do, she was lights out in the car ride taking her home. 

Next week my sweet grand daughter turns 3 years old. Three years of pure love, snuggles, kisses, laughter, and absolute pride and joy, it is to share life with her and watch her grow. 

I love sharing life with her, in all things.