Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Blueberry Bushes


I was outside talking to one of my neighbors when he mentioned my blueberry bushes. 

Blueberry bushes?

I had no idea these were blueberry bushes and was super happy to learn this! Walking over to check it out, the one is over 6' tall and both bushes are filled with berries. He shared I need a special net so the birds don't eat them. Thanks to Amazon Prime, my net arrived and the bushes are covered just as the berries are starting to turn blue.

He shared the history about my home, the families name, a rich family, that owned much of the town where I live that built my home. Sharing all the fruit trees this property used to have. 

My property continues to bloom and blossom. My Clematis has it's first purple flower, the Iris's are about to bloom again, and the hydrangea on the side of my home opened with blue flowers. I wondered what color they would be. It all looks so pretty. 

I'm super excited about the blueberries and cannot wait to pick them.