Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Employee Spotlight


One would think my being in sales, winning the Sales Person of the Year (2019) Award, and COVID throwing a major wrench in my events, that it would throw me off my game.

Nope.

[I'm laughing] I do say all the time in the office, "If your not first, your last." I've made a competition out of the COVID pandemic. There are still ways to compete for mental stimulation and personal challenge sake.

First, it was the how do you handle brides and event cancellations gracefully and become the advocate for brides who are devastated. I came up with four alternatives that made them feel they had the power of choice.

With the re-opening from quarantine and now the stinking mask mandate that is unraveling those who are hosting events, I've had to search out our county health department mandatory guidelines for doing events, write how they will look, and train my team. We've done a couple events and we've got it down to a science.

Corporate called. They want to know how I'm doing and when I shared what I've done, I've been asked to take photos, videos, and write out our processes to share across the country, because other locations just aren't getting it.

Oh, I was pleased at punch to share the details, down to staff training details, health department guidelines and signage, event set up, through staff temperature checks, to event processes through sanitizing after events.

Today on a nationwide sales team call with 150 locations, we were asked different questions how we were handling processes. A couple contributed semi-okay ideas, most shared how difficult it was, and many are increasing their rates. Dare I say that doing an event under COVID mandatory guidelines is actually easier on my staff then a full blown, highly detailed event. COVID keeps the processes simple.

I contributed solid content as to what I am doing now and shared detail to about 8 different things I am working on during this craziness. I didn't need to touch the re-opening process topic, because they were told I've done it and they would be receiving it. 

After my contribution after contribution after contribution and hearing my name time and time again across the county on today's call, I'm sure they are sick of me. 

Just wait until the August All Staff Call.

A VP from corporate (in another state) reached out to to have a phone conversation with me. That was surprising as the general manager has worked for the company for 10+ years and has never been contacted. 

Wait for it...

The monthly All Staff Call is all managers from 150 locations join a call and I am going to be the nationwide employee they are going to Spotlight with my initiative and thriving during a pandemic. Corporate called to let me know and to say thank you. 

WINNER WINNER!! 

Like I always say, "If your not first, your last."