Sunday, July 19, 2020

A Warm Summer Night


It was a warm summer night. After picking up my house and deck from the afternoons festivities, I retreated into my oasis and floated in the quiet.

The air still very warm, the sun hot on my skin, with a gentle breeze, I closed my eyes to feel the crescendo of summer wrapped around me and listened to the noises you don't notice when your eyes are open.

The soft splash of the water and the ripple it makes when I lift my toes out of the water. 

The sunshine sparkling off the water on a quiet evening. The sounds of the birds that have made this neighborhood their home with its massive trees, and the sound of my umbrella flapping ever so slightly in a breeze.

The water is warmed to walk right into, yet cool enough to refresh. 

My pool and floating chair is a perfect retreat on a very warm summer night.