Saturday, July 18, 2020

A Spontaneous Day Trip


A spontaneous day trip turned into a surprisingly fun find!

One of my dearest girlfriends, Charlotte, from my youth is turning 50 years old two weeks after me. She said she created a list of 50 things she wants to do for herself for her birthday. I love that idea and so my list began.

#11 - Road trip to favorite winery.


Brooke and I picked a direction and made a day of it.


Giving myself grace, I enjoyed bread, crackers, and a bite of cheesecake. By the way, there is soft & warm brie under the apples, strawberries, and blueberries.


For Brooke, it started days before with finding a great pair of shoes. When she didn't have anything to wear with them, I said let's find something! In her pretty new top and matching shoes, Brooke is all matchy with her nails, watch, shorts and purse. 

A day in the sunshine, appetizers, dessert, and for me the delicious treat of Honey wine. This is what daughter/girlfriends days are made of. 

I knew if we headed north to the lake, we would find something along the way, which landed us in a beautiful, beach historical downtown, filled with flowers, quaint shops, lovely homes, a beach, and all the vacation feels.





It was a gorgeous day, delicious wine, quaint town, beach, and find.