Tuesday, July 21, 2020

How It Feels To Turn 50


Fifty feels like contentment, which is something that would have made me hurl in my twenties. But 'contentment' is great, as is calm, tranquil, easygoing, relaxed and chilled. 
I know how I feel about most things in my life. - Author Unknown

I turn 50 this weekend and when I read this, I couldn't agree more. 

Being in a far better place in my life and accomplishing on my own (with God) what I have, reaching some pretty significant goals with buying my new home, losing weight and feeling great, and professionally, I can say 50 feels pretty awesome!

To think when I was 39 years old turning 40, I had a an elective partial hysterectomy as part of my 40's & fabulous life. That is a highly recommended decision. 

Turning 50, I bought a beautiful new home, which has become quite the entertainment destination and I've created a list of 50 things I want to do for my birthday/this summer, and having fun checking off my list. 

It's a beautiful place in life and I laugh at the 20's, 30's, and early 40's year old me who thought my life would most likely be over by 50, that I would be settled and matronly. I couldn't have been more wrong.

50's, I welcome you! I embrace you and I laugh in delight at this new & beautiful season in my life that is so unexpectedly serene and freeing and blessed.

Cheers to 50!