Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Too Peopley


Traffic was bumper to bumper, the stores were busy and I had to stop and think about what on earth day it was? Only Monday at noon, two weeks before Christmas, way too much traffic.

For a minute I thought it was the weekend. When I go to the stores, I go early, get in, get out, and avoid traffic at all cost. We had four stops to make and it was the grocery store where I was ready for battle.  

My mom walked up to the meat counter and asked for help. I'm walking towards the situation and about 15 feet behind her when I observe what's happening. The guy in the meat department walks with her to show her where the hams were. 

There was a oaf of a man in probably his 50's, could be younger, but he's sloppy and appears older, that turned to his mother, a sweet little old lady, and started making snarky comments on how my mom cut in front of him. 

Aware he is making comments, I ignored it. Walking back by him, I don't remember why I was behind my mom again, this jerk-off approached my mom and said something.

Observing this in slow motion, my brain is processing, is he really saying what I think he is saying?! Certainly he isn't?!! My mom listens to him for a second and says something above his station in life and walks away. My heart is pounding!! Blood is racing through my veins. 

Do I verbally take him out? How far do I go to verbally put him in his place? I'm walking straight into confrontation, wanting to go gangster vs. me not looking like trash. He's an oaf of a simpleton who looks like he lives in his mother's basement and creeps on the internet, SMIRKING and thinking he's better than he is and I want to:  

a n n i h i l a t e  him.

This is taking place within seconds and my thoughts are racing as fast as my blood is pumping, it's been a long time since I've been this mad.

I walk straight up to him [he's still smirking and proud of himself] and tell him very matter of factly, "IF you are at the meat counter staring like you don't know what you are doing, NOBODY knows you need help! Speak up!! She walked up and asked for help while you stood there doing nothing!" He tries to talk and I wasn't going to give him time to, "SHUT UP!" 

My mom is ahead of me and has no idea. My blood is boiling and I'm not happy that I was far too polite. I'm feel like a lion in the jungle hoping he walks by me and makes just one comment. 

I know it's a good thing we never crossed paths again. 

It's been a long time since my blood has raced like that. I may be a sweet grandma, but blood still races through my veins. 

Don't mess with my family. 

I have to agree with the Grinch here, it's too peopley outside. 

Sliding into sweet Gamma mode, because my name seems to forever change with Sofia and I am now, Gamma. My sweet grandson, Rowan, is a momma's boy. I ended up holding him most of the evening. He didn't need a bottle or changed or a nap, he cried because he needed his momma and being second in line to his momma (who was Christmas shopping) as long as I snuggled him, he was just fine. It's all good, I love the snuggles and kisses.


We finally got to use her umbrella! Sofia loves her umbrella and pretends it's raining in the house, it was perfect it was raining last night. Bundling her up so she could actually use her umbrella in the rain, we walked down the road a bit looking at the pretty Christmas lights on the houses. 


Tonight is our family Christmas, I can't wait for everyone to be together.