Friday, December 20, 2019

Happiness is ...


Happiness is ...

Pulling into my daughter's driveway for a date with Sofia and the door opens and there my sweet, little grand daughter is bundled up in her winter coat excited to say, "bYe mOm!" to her momma and spend the afternoon with me.

We ran through the drive-thru and picked up lunch, sang Christmas songs and she was excited to set her lunch up at the table and we ate together. 

I was gifted by another hotel with a super yummy box of chocolates Sofia was allowed to dig into and try. We practiced taking small bites, less shoving a big whole piece in our mouth. We also practiced putting boogies in a kleenex, less our mouth. *gag*

Happiness is ...

Aunt Brooke called and stopped by with Max for a bit.





Sofia saw Papa's christening baby outfit and thought she looked like Anna (Frozen) in it and that's what she wore while she played swimming pool.


We played, "Catch me!" which is chase, her favorite thing is to run. We played, "Hide & Seeky" and she counts, "1... 2... 3..." and we take turns hiding.

She's so smart and she got me. We were playing hide & seeky and she wanted me to go hide, so I ran into the living room and hid behind the Christmas tree in an obvious place. She had a couple rooms to go through, but she is really quick on my heels with this game and she wasn't coming. So I started making loud comments so she could find me. She still wasn't coming. So, I ventured out to find her.

There she was, caught! She sent me out of the bedroom because she found her Christmas presents and needed me to leave so she could open it! Usually when she wants to get into something she will command you to, "Go!" and she will point for you to leave. This time, she said, "Hide!" 

Smart.

She opened her doctors kit and she was in heaven. Sofia is a nurturer and worries if someone isn't feeling well. We played sick for the rest of the afternoon. I think I will send this toy home with her. ha ha It's so perfect for her and even though I've bought her several Christmas gifts and she now has all of them because I've rationed them out over the last couple of weeks, too excited to wait, her BIG Christmas gift will be given to her at Christmas. 

Sofia always pulls back my hair to see my earrings and I always where dangling ones when I am with her. She saw my new necklace and ask, "i tRy pEaSe?" and I slipped my necklace on her and caught this sweet moment of her.


It was time for me to head back to work so I bundled my sweet baby up and loaded her into the car. In minutes she was lights out. 


Happiness is ... dates with Sofia + Gamma.