Wednesday, December 25, 2019

A Christmas Happy Scream


There was excitement in the air and Sofia's happy scream when Jeremy carried in Sofia's big present from me, a 7' indoor trampoline, wrapped in Frozen Christmas wrapping paper.

She tore into the paper, saw the photo of the trampoline on the box and said, "jUmP!" She knew. "tHaNk yOu mUcH, gAmMa!" She has the best manners of any toddler I've ever known.

Family together, laughter, conversation, and the excitement of Sofia and little brother crawling all over just happy with wrapping paper and boxes made my heart full. Family Christmas dinner and thought-filled presents, made a beautiful Christmas, and I loved seeing everyone together and happy.


Never mind, I bought my own. Me, I always do a little something for me. It all started with an excess of vacation days in 2019 that I never used that's rolling over into 2020. Not sure when I will use 30+ vacation days + holidays, but I'm thinking I can plan on going to Florida once a month to the beach & sunshine throughout the rest of winter.
2020

New year. New decade. New home. I'm turning 50. It all makes me smile.

Oh, but today, Christmas day! I'm grateful that in the hustle-n-bustle and the excitement of it all, my family is grounded in the true meaning of Christmas, Jesus birth. We know why we celebrate, we know who to thank, and because of Him, we have eternity in heaven.

Christmas day 2,000 years ago was far different than today. When I think of my heart's joy when my grand baby's are born, I think of God's joy and love and the angels rejoicing at the arrival of the one who came to save us.


Merry Christmas.