Tuesday, December 17, 2019

A Toy Store


In Christmas tradition, my girlfriend Kimberly and I met this evening for dinner at our favorite restaurant elegantly decorated for Christmas. A fruity Christmas beverage in hand, topped with cranberries for a holiday touch, delicious scallops and catching up on life conversations, we exchanged gifts.

When I saw the necklace of two hearts with my grandbabies names on them and their birthstones, she said, "I know they are your heart." Grab me a kleenex!! I've been wanting something with their names on it and I love them being on hearts around my neck. They are my heart and I had just spent the day with them.

I took Mariah, Sofia & Rowan to a quaint toy store today, one that isn't overly commercialized and big. It was my wish that Sofia would find the toy store magical and I wanted her to have plenty of time to wander, look, and touch the toys. What a perfect way to see what she is drawn to. She held my hand and we went up and down the aisles multiple times. There was no rush, I wanted her to take wander and see everything. 

She loved the dinosaurs, the horses, the baby dolls the most. She found a baby doll and a bottle of orange juice that she carried throughout the store. Yes, of course, I bought it for her.

We stopped at a bakery for sweets and she picked out a couple treats she wanted. I love watching her seeing what she likes and the choices she makes for herself. She was one happy little girl. The kids spent the afternoon with me while Mariah ran to the gym and Rowan has suddenly mastered crawling and can now get where he wants to. I can't believe he's 6 months old already and Sofia is almost 2-1/2 years old. 

She's so fun to carry conversations with as she goes from sweet to bossy and back to sweet again. Little Miss Determined is a very passionate little girl who knows what she wants and won't hesitate to let you know, too. Little brother is sweet, happy and passive and just smiles and coo's. 

They are my loves and my joy, and I love my necklace.