Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Merry Wonders and Joy


In a world that can say whatever it wants, but colleagues that insist we communicate Happy Holiday's and not Merry Christmas, I created my own message [photo] to those I professionally work with throughout the year. 

I verbally say Merry Christmas, but my written well wishes are Wishing you Magic of the Season, Merry Wonders and Joy. It pretty much flat lines the bland Happy Holidays. 

It's Christmas Eve morning, the Christmas tree is glistening, the sweet tea is brewing, the cake is baking, and I am going to start the making the cheddar biscuits and spend a peaceful and quiet day watching Hallmark Christmas movies before my girls families come over for a hearty Christmas Eve pasta dinner. 

The magic of Christmas is in their air and gratefulness is in my heart. All is calm and all is bright is not a cliche, I hope you have a calm Christmas. 


What a beautiful way to honor Christmas, that was so incredibly different than the commercial way celebrated today. It's a heart position. 

It's my first Christmas alone and there is beauty in this. Calm and quiet is a hug and provides rest. In a funny way, the day feels longer, which isn't that a good thing when it comes to rest and doing all the little things you want to do? 

Oh, I will wake up all night long and hopefully sleep to 5:00 a.m., because Christmas still thrills me. I will whisper Happy Birthday, Jesus, with a smile on my face before my eyes even open, then hop out of bed, put on a pot of coffee, turn on soft Christmas music, and slide into a hot tub with a delicious smelling bath bomb. 

The scent of  my traditional cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning and that aroma that fills the air! Oh, that first bite into a warm cinnamon bun covered in sugar glaze is heavenly. I intend to stay nestled and warm in pajamas for quite possibly, perhaps the whole day. 

Alone doesn't mean I'm lonely. It means I get to do exactly what I want to do and create the life I want before my perfect complement arrives. 

Two months of heart preparation, two days of rest, Merry Christmas Eve. 

Remember, 2,000 years ago, Mary was in labor and trying to find a room to deliver her baby. Make room in your heart for what Christmas day really is.