Saturday, December 28, 2019

New Decade


New year, new decade. Being born in 1970 it's been pretty cool to have each of my 10 years in life in a new decade.

In the 2020's, I will be in my 50's. Once upon a time that would have sounded horribly old, but the 50's are the new 40's, and I certainly don't look like a grandmomma. This stage in life is like being in my 20's all over again, but I am completely established and an empty nester.

Television is sharing the things that happened over the last decade and I reflected what were my significant, decade life-changing moments: 

   * Both my daughters graduated from high school and I graduated from college
   * Mariah & Jeremy married 
   * I became a grandmomma to Sofia & Rowan
   * Sold our family home 
   * Became an empty nester after 20 years of being a single momma
   * Brooke & Alex married
   * I'm in a career I never anticipated and thriving
   * My parents are seasoned snow birds and celebrated their 50th anniversary this year
   * My brother started his own church after decades of being a pastor
   * Financial freedom, 0% debt to credit ratio, I don't use credit cards, and excellent credit
   
A completely clean slate. Blessed.

Looking back on the last decade, what made my Top Cringe-Worthy Trends in general list: the selfie, the man-bun, wearing pants hanging below your butt, fillers, and micro-cheating.

My favorite trend and I admit I am an absolutely junkie: Catfishing. I love watching the show and I am still shocked and amazed with the show's popularity (education) people fall for the craziest stuff. 

New Years Eve and 2020 is almost here and I am hosting a Roaring 20's New Years Eve party to welcome 2020. 

I'm ready.