Friday, December 20, 2019

Shopping Status


I get an A++

Made my list months ago and kept to my list and have been done shopping. When I hear people say they shop on Christmas Eve to get the best sales, I absolutely cringe inside. Where's the thought behind the gift? Who on earth wants to last minute shop?! And, what about Christmas Eve? That's when family is together and Christmas Eve service warms your heart reminding why we are celebrating in the first place.

Today I ventured out to get groceries for the week and Christmas day and I'm grateful I am done. Hustle-n-bustle is very Courier & Ives, but it's chaos out there and people are crazy. 

I'm tired of ham, tired of turkey, and I don't want to grill outside when it's cold, so this year for Christmas I'm making a big pot of pasta with fresh shaved Parmesan, cheddar biscuits, and home brewed sweet tea. Warm, comfort food sounds perfect and a yummy homemade chocolate cake filled with chocolate chips for dessert. After all, it is Jesus birthday. 

One of my new favorite appetizers I introduced at Thanksgiving is a chunk of soft Brie (cheese) on a cracker with a dollop of blackberry jam and a fresh, giant blackberry on top. It's a tasty combination and was a hit! It's my holiday appetizer recommendation if you're in need of an idea. 


Christmas has been two months in the making for me starting October 25th with the Hallmark Channel's Christmas movies. A holiday vacation in a cabin the mountains of beautiful Tennessee leading to Thanksgiving, and I can say I've basked in the holiday for months. A part of me will miss it when it's over, because it's Christmas in my heart. 

Only five more days.