Friday, January 4, 2013

Two 30-Year Olds?!

I've always said that I didn't want to be dating when Mariah started dating; however, we have faced and made it through that milestone in life and it has become a forgotten thought until tonight.

One of my bf's, Dawn, called to make plans for going out this weekend and asked if I was free tomorrow night? "I can't tomorrow night, I agreed to meet Mark out for a drink ..." [Mark is 30 yrs old]

As I am on the phone with Dawn, my Mariah starts wildly trying to talk over my conversation ... I'm ignoring her ... when, she quickly writes down on a piece of paper and places it in front of me ...

you're going on
a date with a
30 yr old,
and so am I
:)


Ohhhhh emmmm geeee!

My Mariah is crazy about a boy who happens to be 30 years old and a super nice guy that she knows well through church. They are not dating, but I understand exactly why she adores him. I think he is a fantastic guy, too. 

Her date she is referring to is a group from church going to a basketball game. Mariah calls it a date and bought an entire new ensemble to impress him.

Mine isn't a date, it is simply catching up with a friend I haven't seen in a while over drinks.

I get Mariah's point though.

Mariah laughs and wonders out loud which one is older?  I assure her that I am not interested in dating any 30 year olds, we have just been friends for a long time.

It reminds me at one point in my life, I really didn't want to be dating when my girls were old enough to date, too.

At 17 and 42, we both have plans with a 30 year old this weekend.

Honestly, this is ridiculous.