Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Coolest Kid Ever

"Good morning, Brookie, how did you sleep, sweetheart?" A familiar morning greeting. Both my girls ask me every morning in their 1st sentence of the day how I slept, because they really want to state how their night sleep went. I'm not sure where they got this? Maybe I used to ask them when they were little and didn't realize it. Now it is part of our daily routine.

Brooke contemplates, "Mom, I'm really jealous of you. You have something I will never have."  In my mind, I am embracing this sweet moment and she continues, "I will never have the coolest kid ever."

Why did I allow her first minute of being awake think that she didn't have sharp wits about her?

"Really?  Wow, I'm really lucky" is my only reply.

As she walks away triumphantly, she says, "and she's humble, too."  [Referring to herself}

Okay, Brooke is awake.

Caffeine, kick in.