Wednesday, January 30, 2013

An Epiphany

I had an epiphany this week in regards to my relationship with Bobby.

While watching a romantic comedy with Brooke a scene played where a boy stood at the alter with his lifelong love. Standing in place of the groom during the rehearsal, when he had to make up the grooms vows. Words that really came from his heart.

Words of love that came from him that should have been the grooms own words. Words that hit a direct target in the heart of the bride-to-be and the realization washed over her who really loved her most ... not her betrothed, but her best friend.

It was a wonderfully romantic scene and in that moment, I had an epiphany.

I felt a moment of revelation and insight into my relationship with Bobby that left me feeling free, empowered, and ready to move on in life without him.

I'm cured!

Besides the fact that he has been a rock in my life for the last 5 years, besides the fact that I admire him as a most amazing man, besides the fact that I respect him above all others ... he and I butt heads like crazy!

We feely snap at one another and take unspoken time outs for weeks and sometimes months at a time.  We both have strong personalities and besides all the wonderful feelings of undeniable chemistry, genuine friendship, and caring, we feel comfortable aggravating each other knowing there won't be long-term effects.

This week I was aggravated with him and my epiphany put me over the moon. I felt suddenly better and free in my own heart that often betrays me when it comes to him.

Everything is great.

I feel freeeeeeeeeeeee.

I am driving downtown today in my car going through an intersection, when I see a dark SUV coming at me from my left at the very same time!  My mind starts to panic and I quickly glance at the light to make sure I had the green light and I did when I see the goofball in the SUV coming at me waving to me. 

It was my goofball. In an undercover vehicle.

Aggravation instantly dissolved.

Knowing it was him shattered my newfound and embraced epiphany into a million pieces.

Tonight we talked. Not a thing has changed in our world.

Other than I nagged and insisted that he needs to go to the doctor.

I love that I love him in a way that just won't dissolve.