Friday, January 25, 2013

Daily Details In a Window Front View

Imagine ... sharing a NYC chic office space with a best girlfriend, desks facing each other right next to GIANT windows overlooking downtown. The perfect office. The very best view. A best girlfriend. Work and girlfriend time combined.

Welcome to my world.

It was Christin that called me last autumn asking if I was ready to work again. There was a new position with a rapidly growing company that my career experience had prepared me for. She planted the seed and the executive team was excited to meet me before I interviewed and here I am.

Every day facing a best friend in a stunning office, working while sharing details of our lives with each other. You know, the stuff girls talk about. Purging our minds, our thoughts, and feelings over every subject, no topic off limits.

It's been an exhausting week. Giving 110% mentally to my new role with unlimited opportunities. Meetings, meetings, and more meetings. Business travel. It's Friday night and I am completely spent.

I can't help but think how blessed I am.

Challenged. Stimulated. Career girl.

It's the daily details in a window front view with a best friend that makes everything perfect.