Monday, February 10, 2020

Unexpected Surprises


You know when your cupboard is full, the refrigerator and freezer has food, but nothing sounds good and you feel like just going out to pick up something to eat? With the weather cold and rainy, and a damp chill in the air, quite honestly, it's an order-out/stay-in, grab a warm blanket and put on a pot of coffee and Netflix kind of day. 

There has to be something in the freezer I can whip up, when I found it, Dark Chocolate covered Creamy Coconut & Chopped Almonds Fruit Bars. Winner! Winner! Still not sure what I'm making for dinner, but this tasty surprise is a great segue into a day off tomorrow. 

I'm exhausted. 

Last weekend I had a huge success. I planned a bridal resale show and nobody was prepared for the attention we got. The doors opened at 10 a.m. and at 9:30 a.m. the brides filled the entrance way ready to get in. 

Everything was perfect. The ballroom looked beautiful with uplighting, music, and my tables were beautiful thanks to vendors I work closely with. All I did was advertise and the vendors poured in. We had over 500 guests walk through our doors, one of my vendors counted about 145 brides. I had to underplay the success of this event on social media, because I unknowingly stepped on someones toes (metaphorically speaking) in the planning process and I had to run damage control.

That's okay, those who were at my show, knew what it was, and I was lavishly praised by each vendor for my success in planning such a well-organized, classy, and highly successful event. That they've never been treated so well and they've paid 4x as much to be in shows that didn't have 1/2 the guests. 

Fresh flowers everywhere, new accent pieces and special touches, I chose the hors d'oeuvres and desserts for guests and the air was filled with high energy and excitement. 

It was 8 hours of being a graceful hostess with mostess welcoming guests, touring brides, and touching base with each of the vendors making sure everyone was happy and every detail was going exactly how I planned. I love when that happens. 

I felt like I was hit by a truck by the time I got home and with two events yesterday, I am worn out.

I may order a deep dish pizza from a new place I've been wanting to try and tonight is the Bachelor. I just love Monday nights and I just scheduled a massage for my day off tomorrow, and a hair appointment this week with a professional stylist to give me new ideas for ways to do my hair now that it's getting long again. 

To think in a couple weeks I will be in sunshine and at the ocean again, thank you, Jesus!