Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Happy Valentine's Day to Me


Happy Valentine's Day to me, happy Valentine's Day to me, happy Valentine's Day My Perfect, Perfect Valentine, happy Valentine's Day to me! <3 

I am in contract on a house, I made my offer on Valentine's Day!! HOORAY! 

I really, really wanted to keep it a secret, but it's too exciting. I've had migraines and headaches every day and I'm not sleeping well thanks to PTSD from the condo falling through three days before I got the keys resulting in my losing my apartment as well last summer.

While I know that was a blessing in disguise, I'm super gun-shy even though negotiations are done and home inspection is this week. Quite honestly, I won't feel relieved until I'm moved in. Then, I will breathe.

I knew what I was looking for and wanted in a home and I've been looking like it's my job. From fabulous online photo filters, to the reality of the homes being horribly dated, I even gave consideration to condos again, which I knew I didn't want. Touring several homes, Jaime (my dear friend and realtor) and I brainstormed how I could do renovations to make it what I want. Her, my voice of reason, would say, "This isn't what you want..." 

In my frustration, I decided to stop looking. Clearly there was a wall that I was not going to penetrate and I'm familiar when God closes a door. So, I quit looking.

One day I asked God, "You pick out a house for me. Please remember the bells & whistles of all the things I want." I wondered what He would pick knowing me so well.

A couple days later, I was in bed and hopped online. There it was. A house I recognized driving down a road to look at another house. The house had captured my attention before it was even up for sale. Online it read something like, "Listed [with the next days date]." It hadn't even hit for sale when I found it. 

As a seasoned house hunter, I made the tour happen day one of it being listed and I was already the 2nd person to tour it. 

When I pulled up, the home was far prettier than the photos. When I stepped inside and introduced myself to the other realtor, I hugged her and three steps into the house, I said I was going to be making an offer.

It was so beautiful and perfect. The photos didn't do it justice and I was thrilled. 

Every room, everywhere I looked there were details I really, really loved. So many details that I never imagined in my vision of what my next home would look like and I knew God remembered. 

I can't share all the fabulous detail surprises until my family sees the home, but it could absolutely be my forever home. 

It's funny, I had a vision of what I wanted in a home and this home is very different from that vision; yet, it is absolutely, perfectly me. 

Completely gutted and remodeled in SO many details that reflect me, I smile to myself and wonder if the sellers realize perhaps what they created was for me all along, they just didn't know it.