Monday, February 3, 2020

Pre-approval


I am ready to buy a house.

What part of town do I want to live in? House or condo? What size property do I want if I choose a home? What is it I want the house to look like and feel like? What price range do I want to be in? There are SO many factors when deciding to buy a home.

Going through the pre-approval process today, I was quite stunned to learn I am pre-approved for over 2x what I was originally looking at buying a home for. Blessed to be in a great position, this is where wisdom comes in. 

I'm sticking to my guns and I want a low house payment. I'm thinking a pretty, little doll house on postage stamp property, with flower gardens all around, perhaps a garden, and a white picket fence. Luxury on the inside with renovations to personalize the home with bells and whistles. 

I like stashing away paychecks. I like knowing I can buy what I want and go where I want with financial freedom and not needing a credit card.

It makes me think of my Jeep. I drive a Grand Cherokee that has been paid off for years. It's comfortable, dependable, and I still like it. The windshield still has a crack and I believe in the rule of thumb, rocks only hit perfect windshields. The back light is still busted when I backed into a tree and if that was replaced how on earth would I know my SUV from all the others in a parking lot?

While others drive the latest and greatest, I prefer knowing I can buy any luxury SUV I want, but I still choose no car payment. 

People live maxed out for status and show, buying and chasing happiness. Me, I don't care what anyone has, I'm already happy, content and calm. I prefer new experiences to constantly upgrading what I already have.

This is where I say, "Lord, You find the perfect home for me."