Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Shabby Chic French Country


I've always like to decorate and my new home is THE perfect palette for inspiration. 

The drum roll please... my new home decor is going to be shabby chic french country.  

While this is not my photo, I do have a beautiful claw foot tub and for one who loves bath bombs, this is pretty close to heaven. 

The home inspection went very well, confirming the home is in excellent shape. It also gave me hours to look at all the details as well as meet the owners. In my appreciation of the love they poured in their home, the wife and I bonded. 

She is leaving me several things that go with the home and I appreciate that. She can't wait to see what I do with it and has an open invitation to stop by once I move in and make it my own.

Next to me, Mariah is the most excited, she has lots of plans with the fabulous details of this home: birthday parties for the kids, family gatherings, holidays, and my just coming home to finding her soaking in my tub or swimming in the pool. We laugh, but we both know it's true!

Yes, my new home has a pool. A pool and a real tiny house that houses all the pool toys she is letting me have. The tiny house matches the home and will be a perfect playhouse for the kids when they are little and quite honestly, I could run electricity to it and transition it to a hang out when the kids are teens or a separate house for guests to stay in. 

Loving projects, I will be pouring myself into this forever home. 

With everything already perfect, brand new everything, and beautiful wooden floors, all I will do is simply paint walls as the backdrop for shabby chic french country. 

Well, my Dad and I.