Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Performance Review

Image result for performance review"

"So, when are we doing my performance review?" I asked the General Manager today. He mentioned it weeks ago and I kind of felt bad for him, I'm sure he wasn't looking forward to doing mine. 

We share an office and have become very good friends. He is kind and thoughtful and me, I'm kinda bossy and direct with uber strong work ethics. If co-workers don't try to keep up, I have a tendency to run them over. I've never played well with low performers. 

Dominic says I set the standards for excellence. See! We make a good team.

He said, "I already did it." "Where is it? You mean you're not going to sit down with me and tell me I'm bossy, I push too hard, and I don't play nice?" I say laughingly in jest, but we both know there are underlying truths.

The hardest thing for my personality to work with is low-performers and that sums up most of our team in leadership positions. He provides me freedom to do what I want and a safe place to call it like I see it and in return, I make him look amazing by making all the money. He's earning his wings in heaven putting up with me. 

Anxious to see what he wrote and ready to debate if I'm not pleased with his review, I read all the categories and my score ranking was:

EXCEPTIONAL

He listed my strengths and didn't say I wear him out at all. 

Before the end of January last week, I already beat my revenue goals for all of 2020, which was doubled from last years revenue goals and I will continue pushing 11 more months, because I want to see what I am capable of making happen.