Monday, November 4, 2019

The Magic of Christmas


I'm lost in the magic of Christmas. Thank you, Hallmark Channel, for the warm & cozy movies.

Last year as I was deciding what new color theme and decor I wanted after so many years, I decided on deep reds with bone colored and rustic accents.. With so many color themes available, traditional is timeless. 

I've seen so many other color themes that are simply beautiful and there really is something for everyone. 

It's the simpler moments I want and today I am in pursuit of the perfect Christmas coffee mugs. Destination, Amish country. 

I want to enjoy time and conversations with coffee, hot cocoa w/ peppermint sticks, and hot spiced cider w/cinnamon sticks with my girls and friends over these mugs. This whole Christmas season I want to have baked cookies and baked cakes readily available for family and friends because sharing a beverage and dessert warms the heart. Last night I baked a family favorite, banana cake with real bananas and cream cheese icing. 

Date days with my daughters, just the three of us together, is always special. Last weekend started off going to a Christmas Open House at a beautiful, local landscaping business, turned quite the Christmas shop in the last few years. They put on stunning Christmas displays with Christmas music in the back ground and a table with Christmas cookies & always some sort of Christmas punch. Beautifully done and my compliments. 

When I spotted the Grinch and Cindy Loo Hoo, I told my girls I wanted their pictures with them, and they replied, "No way!" Well, no way until the Grinch snuck up behind them and photo boomed them in a photo and after much laughter, they readily agreed to pose and the moment was captured ...


After a stop at another local arts & crafts show, we found ourselves in a cozy coffee shop sipping drinks with a bite to eat. These are the moments I love and between work schedules and babies, a few hours away together is enjoyable.

Preferring and seeing the beauty in simpler things, that's where the magic happens. It's in the moments and memories that warm the heart.