Saturday, November 23, 2019

A Smoky Mountains Holiday


Country roads, take me home to the place I belong
in the Smoky Mountains, mountain mamma, take me home, 
country roads

I made a list of what I want this Christmas to look like. New places, new adventures, how I want it to feel, and to kick off the season I only want to be in the mighty Smoky Mountains of Tennessee in a picturesque log cabin, unplugged.

Our beautiful cabin comes all-inclusive with an outdoor jacuzzi on the back porch overlooking the mountains, with a large indoor fireplace, and a large soaking tub in the bedroom. My Mariah and I are taking this trip together and I can't wait to wake up early, put a pot of coffee, and have her wake up smelling the aroma of a country breakfast after getting a full nights sleep.

My Comfy & Warm mugs are coming, too. I'm thinking a good book, a cup of hot tea in front of a fireplace.

Quaint shops in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge to take in the romance of Christmas, it's the fresh country air, the picturesque views, and winding mountains that I crave.

My grandmother lived in the mountains and she never did leave. She loved it. Perhaps, one day, I will get my family to relocate together where the views are breathtaking, to live where there is a lot more nature, and life is a little bit slower.

We come home to Thanksgiving. The turkey and dinner is bought and I will be ready to wake up Thursday morning, enjoy the Thanksgiving Day Parade on television, spend the day cooking and prepare for my babies and grandbabies to come over for dinner together.

Tomorrow begins a much needed vacation and I am breathless with excitement to load up, pull out of town to destination, the Smoky Mountains.