Wednesday, November 20, 2019

I Stood There Smiling


Okay, you know in the movies, when a woman is innocently standing in the window in the evening, looks over and the apartment across the way has the lights on and they see a guy naked, so they stand there and just watch?

This is real.

I come home from work late tonight and walk across the house to close the verticals in the living room... and pause. The guy that lives behind my parents house does not have curtains or window coverings and every light is on in his condo. The back of his condo faces the back of my parents condo [Yes, I'm still here and am staying here while they are snowbirds in Florida all winter]. 

I confess, I pause for a second. Does he really not have window coverings? It's late and with it being dark out there is full view to his house. For the record, I am not a nosy person. Quite honestly, I don't care what you have, I was more curious. I may have stood there for 10 seconds, when he walked up to his living room window. He was NAKED! What?! 

When I come home from work, I have a routine. I close the windows in the living room, then my room. So, I go into my bedroom to close the windows, when I see him walk through his room into the bathroom buck naked. Listen, you don't prance around naked at night with all the lights on and no window coverings unless you want to be seen.

Nice butt. Nice body! This guy is a health nut and does yoga on his patio, I've seen him out there a lot this summer. My mom had one recommendation when I moved in, "Don't fall for the guy behind their condo." He's single, but pretty certain he's an obsessive cleaner. He washes his satellite dish on the roof of his house too often and I did see him sweep the little bit of snow that was on his patio off the other day. An extreme perfectionist.

I know, okay, back to the window... Perhaps, I stood there for a bit [2-3 minutes] curious. He is in and out of the bathroom and going room to room. It's also been a long time since I've seen a man naked. 

Realizing I was smiling, I felt like a creeper and closed the blinds. 

It's dark at 5 o'clock now and now I know the neighbor prances around naked. This is going to be a long winter.