Sunday, November 17, 2019

And the Soul Felt It's Worth


Always up for a road trip and an adventure, one of my favorite things to do is find new places and experience new things. I had learned of a Christmas open house and popping the destination in my navigation system, I had no idea where it was and that made it all the more better.

Road trips, adventure, new places, a fabulous new mug, because coffee & tea bring me comfort & joy, creates the setting for an ordinary day turned extraordinary.

In the midst of the Christmas open house I saw an old fashioned house, turned gift shop and I went inside. It was one of those moments where everything was so beautiful that I was taking in the detail from room to room. Walking from one room to the next thinking to myself, who put this together? Bows and congratulations, beautifully done!

That's when I saw the print in a frame, And the soul felt it's worth and I stopped in my tracks just staring at it. So subtle, yet so powerful.

Not the mind or the heart that can be so fickle, but the soul, the spiritual principle and very essence of your being, the soul felt it's worth.

The shop was closing and I wanted to see the rest of the house. Let's just say, if it were a bed & breakfast, I would make a reservation, I wanted to stay.

Next door was an ice cream parlor, it's been a while since I've had ice cream and I went inside. Toasted Coconut w/chocolate shavings?! Honestly, it was the best ice cream I think I've ever had.

That print framed so simple and beautiful, I wish I would have bought it. The ice cream, amazing!

I'm going back this week.

I'm going to buy the picture, take my time in that beautiful house, stroll through room after room, and bring home some ice cream.

The perks of having a work schedule that is all over the place is that days off during the week are by far my favorite. Weekends are chaotic with traffic and hustle-n-bustle and honestly, people are crazy, and chaos drains me. Give me peace & quiet, the simple things that matter, and little traffic.

My road trip today far exceeded my expectations.

O holy night the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new glorious morn
Fall on your knees
O hear the angels' voices
O night divine
O night when Christ was born
O night divine o night
O night divine