Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Underestimate Me


We had our monthly conference call with all 150 locations this afternoon and I got two shout outs on the call!

The first was the top sales people for holiday events across the country, only 8 names were listed and I saw my name on the webinar and it was announced over the call, then ...  

They ended the webinar talking about gratitude with several slides talking about the importance of gratitude and opened it up across the country for whomever to speak up and share what/who they are grateful for. It was cool to hear others from Arizona, Colorado, Texas, jump on the call and comment. 

About 15 people jumped in and made comments and I was stunned when I heard the Marketing guy from corporate (Virginia) jump on the call and say he is grateful for Dawn [me] at X location. That they underestimated me when they came on as the new management company at the beginning of this year, but that with this year I far exceeded their expectations and my sales carried the loss in our other division. 

Honestly, I was so shocked and honored that he was so thoughtful to acknowledge me. 

I think people are tired of hearing my name. My name is shared on many calls and I've made every corporate-wide competition they've had. 

When I smiled sweetly and asked who's the best salesperson here in Orlando last March, they underestimated me. That's where the fun begins!