Saturday, November 16, 2019

Rowan's Christmas Stocking


I shared with Brooke this morning that I started Rowan's Christmas stocking a couple weeks ago and when I can, I sit down and work a couple hours at at time on it.

Let's just say, I'm on step 11 of 89. Sofia's stocking took me 50 hours to make, but it's worth it. Wait till you see it complete. The photo is my current situation.

I turn on Christmas movies and cut, thread, stuff and sequence each individual piece. I think of him and pray for him as I am making this and wonder all the years he will find joy when his Christmas stocking is hung.

When I was sharing with Brooke how far I still need to go with this, she said something that I never thought about. She said, "Thank you for making my stocking when the doctors told you I wasn't going to make it." 

Brooke was born premature and sick. When I delivered her, my doctor cancelled my tubal the next day and said he wouldn't tie my tubes, that my baby is very sick and most likely wouldn't make it, and that I was too young (29 yrs) to not be able to have another baby. He told me to prepare myself.

I pulled the rocking chair up to her incubator in NICU and I spent 9 days and 20 hours total making her Christmas stocking and praying. 

Rowan is 5 months old and won't know what it is now, but every year at Christmas his stocking will be hung next to his big sister's as the excitement and magic of Christmas fills his little heart. 

I love you, Rowan. 

xo