Sunday, November 10, 2019

No Longer a Teen


Happy 20th birthday, Brooke! I cannot believe my baby is 20 years old. 

Two and through, we successfully made it through the teen years with no teenage pregnancies. I say that in jest, but raise a couple of teenagers in this day and age, I'm incredibly grateful the teen years are behind us. 

Brooke & I spent the morning together going to a beautiful Christmas open house with hot chocolate and Christmas cookies and went to lunch. She loves steak and a Ribeye at Longhorn, with a quick happy birthday song from the servers, the steak was pretty delicious and her birthday lunch enjoyable.

Brooke loves to buy presents for me that are sentimental and tear-jerkers. Happy tears to her equal success. For her birthday, along with other gifts, I had all her wedding photos printed and put them in a beautiful photo album to present to her and Alex. I wasn't going for happy tears, but I certainly got that reaction. 

Family together, we celebrated both Brooke & Alex's birthdays as they are 4 days apart. I saw pretty cakes at the store, but they are so commercial and there is something about homemade that I swear just tastes better. So, I made a homemade chocolate cake with cool whip frosting and crumbled Reese's Cups on top. It really was yummy. With my beautiful, little princess helper, we lit the cake (Well, I was lighting the cake, she was swooping her fingers in the Cool Whip and picking Reese's chunks and eating them) filled with candles for both their ages total and wished them a happy birthday.


Happy birthday, Brookie, you are no longer a teen!