Tuesday, February 19, 2019

What's Inside a Person



If you want to know what's really inside a person, 
listen carefully to the words they speak. 

I was reading a new book when I came across this simple sentence and it jumped off the page. Capturing my attention I picked up my phone and went through my last conversations in my text messages. What was the content of the last thing I said to my family and friends. 

Conversations all over the place. To my dad it was "I do", we keep it simple and good. My mom, it was about her birthday. With Brooke, it was about our date day. With Mariah, we were talking potty training and I was sending her my baby name suggestions. With my new colleagues, we've developed a fun new friendship and funny support system in group texts bonding us as a team. With friends, it was making plans. 

It was only with one I was funny and loving and again, they spoke death (not actual death, but always heavy on the negative).

    Look deeper.

          There is always trend.

What is the theme and content of what different people speak? Life or death? Positive or negative?The sun is shining or the sky is falling? Because people have a theme.

I openly confess, I separate and limit myself from those who tend to always bite at another person and those who chose to live stuck. I am not a rescuer. 

Looking deeper into conversation tones, these themes are always there.

It's just a matter of moments or days before the heavy negative and words of death come to light ... and there it is. 

If you want to know what's really inside a person, listen carefully to the words they speak. 

Lying, dishonest, and shady always resurrect in a lying, dishonest and shady person. What you can count on is not being surprised. This never changes, it's who they are. 

The sky is always falling always resurrect in a draining person. This never changes. 

There are those who add value to your life. Those who speak life. 

Who do you talk to where you feel light-hearted, loved, happy and refreshed? Who do you talk to where you know it will quickly turn negative? 

Words are powerful. 

Be careful what you say, words either speak life or destroy a relationship. Sometimes its slowly and unintentionally and the relation s   h    i     p          i  s             g        o      n        e