Sunday, February 24, 2019

Open House Success


I couldn't have been happier with our Open House. We were ready with all the final touches in place and the photographer came for photos before guests arrived. 

Welcoming guests, everyone seemed impressed with the subtle improvements, cleanliness, inviting music and presentation of desserts to compliment our new really good coffee. 

Several of my brides came with their family to see the updates as well as a better vision of the Grand Ballroom staged as a wedding. There are always hugs of excitement and happy conversations.

I had a couple prospective brides who came with their families for a final look and booked their dates with me yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised to see new brides I had an opportunity to meet and tour that are interested as well.

A staged ballroom is really the best way to present to those considering their wedding with us. A portion of our ballroom was staged as a dinner setting to provide a vision to those looking at less formal for other types of events.

Good music, good conversations, good flow of guests, I was pleased to see the City come in and to hear their pleased approvals of what we accomplished. 

I have found favor with the Mayor and felt grateful when he asked me how it was going with the new management company and thanked me for staying on through the transition. The City was one of my biggest advocates as the new management company came on and I love my relationship with them.

The Mayor later asked me about one of my biggest wishes for our venue, offered a wonderful suggestion, and I do believe he will make it happen far sooner than I imagined. My eyes filled with happy tears. 

Give me the tools I need and I will reach the goals you want. I know their goal, but I have my own goals too, which surpass theirs, simply because I love a good challenge. 

Quite honestly, the transition has been far more significant than I ever imagined.

The Open House was a success. I know it pressed our team to do far more in a short period of time than they had in them, but it needed to happen and I'm glad we did it. 

The City is happy. The management company is happy. I'm happy.