Saturday, February 27, 2021

Beach Hair and Salty Air

 


Vacation was sunshine and palm trees, boardwalks and sandy beaches, and beach hair and salty air. It was beautiful and I love my mom & dad's new location they are staying by the water. 



A bouquet that washed up on shore. 

The best seafood in all of Florida is the understated Coastal Crab Company. Pulling up to this tiny place with all the beach vibes and seafood excellence, if I lived at the beach, I would absolutely open a small beach diner with fabulous food and welcome home feel. It's always a must go to!


The crab, shrimp & grits was perfect. A plate of oysters and we knew we had the best that seafood by the ocean offers. 



Another fabulous find is Squid Lips...


We simply had to go back for drinks on the dock. The scenery was picture perfect and according to statistics, my resting heart rate dropped 8 points while on vacation. 




We celebrated Dad's 73rd birthday. Happy birthday, Dad.



My vacation started off with a surprise hot stone massage from my mom & dad for coming to see them. What a great way to wake up the 1st morning of vacation! Several road trip adventures, we went to Palm Beach to the Flagler Museum and saw the majestic Kapok tree. Toured the National Navy SEAL Museum, shopped my favorite shabby chic shops and bought new fun purchases. We took walks every day and toured new areas and beaches. 



Brooke and Alex stayed with us part of the vacation and rented their own house with a pool several days. They went to Miami where they enjoyed hands-on training with the dolphins and their own time together. 

I got my toes in the water,
ass in the sand,
Not a worry in the world,
a cold beer in my hand,
Life is good today,
life is good today.

Of course songs are inspired in this setting. Waking up to sunshine everyday, the water filled with weathered boat docks and birds, all you can do is breathe in fresh salty air and relax. 

It was perfect.